NERATERRÆ's debut album “The Substance of Perception” (out on Cyclic Law records) is a daring collaborative work featuring some of the finest artists from the Dark Ambient, Drone, Cinematic and Ritual Music scene: Northaunt, Alexey Tegin from Phurpa, Treha Sektori, New Risen Throne, Flowers For Bodysnatchers, Taphephobia, Ugasanie, Xerxes The Dark and Infinexhuma.
The sound palette shifts between both stark atmospheres, melancholic ambiance and dense claustrophobic drones. Alternating between obscurity and light and oscillating between the ineffable detachment from the tangible and the relentless transmogrification of the self.
- "As an album The Substance of Perception is really a wonderful work of art."
- "This is going be your new favourite for a little while."
- "This is, as for now, the very best album of the genre this year."
- "Absolutely magnificent."
- "We deal with such fantastic music quality here."
- "NERATERRÆ produced something rather special."
- "It is simultaneously uplifting and terrifying, bringing us close to both salvation and damnation in the same instant."
- "If this quality of vision is kept up with each subsequent release, then this project’s name will be assuredly be added to the hallowed firmament of dark ambient greats in the years to come."
- "For a debut album it’s an exceedingly accomplished effort, expertly crafting a whole spectrum of moods, atmospheres, and aesthetics.
- "This work possesses maturity, plus a confidence that only points to even better and more assured work from Neraterræ in the future."
- "The collaborative concept behind this album is just great."
- "For a debut album NERATERRÆ has accomplished a real tour de force."
- "A word coming from the inside, an oniric experience where we face ourselves, our fears, our past, and what we don’t what to admit."
- "This is no easy journey, be prepared for an immersive experience taking a toll from us; but if we will be ready for it, a rewarding enlightenment will be reached at the end of it."
- "In my opinion this is another great sounding album from NERATERRÆ (...) and you should check this out."
- "With “The Substance of Perception”, I’ve found another ominous piece to guide my way through the dark depths of existence."
- "NERATERRÆ easily rose up to the challenge here to provide an experience that’s familiar, yes, but still fresh and ripe for eating right up."
- "NERATERRÆ's The Substance of Perception is an album that, per its thunderous, burrowing tracks, emotes change, both in mind and body."
- "Listen to Antoni's affecting album, so that you might also adapt a cathartic, strange change."
- "Con uscite come queste la berlinese Cyclic Law conferma il suo dominio nell’ambient oscuro."
- "NERATERRÆ, pur mantenendo una propria cifra stilistica ben riconoscibile (...) riesce nella non facile impresa di coordinare i vari contribuiti in un mosaico oscuro, affascinante e coerente nella sua radicalità emozionale."
- "Antoni realizza un’immersione tra nebulosi paesaggi distopici definiti da sature distese droniche e ruvide frequenze sintetiche interpolate da minacciose risonanze ambientali e spettrali scie vocali che ne estendono l’allucinato portato claustrofobico."
- "Magma sulfureo che scorre implacabile lasciando una profonda scia in un territorio pervaso da roboante inquietudine."
- "L'album si pone così ai confini di tutto: nonostante le numerose collaborazioni, Antoni sembra avere una precisa idea produttiva, dove tutto sembra essere sotto controllo."